ERA GLOBAL is the only existing non-profit association representing the interests of the Multi-Channel Home Shopping Industry and direct-to-consumer business. Our members come from Europe, the Middle East, the Americas, Asia and Australia, and are active all over the globe. Our clear focus is to maintain and strengthen the global structure for the upcoming years to ensure that the global industry community remains as one.
ERA GLOBAL is the voice and network for businesses that offer innovative products to consumers through an audiovisual presentation, the internet and other electronic media, according to a recognised code of ethics. ERA GLOBAL advocates and supports the interests of our global members and their customers.
- We are the only global network representing the Global Multi-Channel Home Shopping Industry.
- Every June we host the largest European home shopping conference.
- September 2021 we are hosting our first ERA GLOBAL US home shopping conference in Las Vegas.
- We represent the interests of our members and the Global Multi-Channel Home Shopping Industry, providing advocacy with European and national institutions.
- We guarantee best-practice industry standards for consumers with our industry code of ethics which is defined in our self-regulation programme.
ERA GLOBAL UK Chapter
Almost 15 years ago, many of the UK's teleshopping and home shopping companies founded the “British Television Shopping Association” to represent the views and interests of the industry at a time when it was facing particular regulatory challenges. The Association succeeded in its goals and eventually evolved into the UK chapter of ERA Europe.
ERA UK continues to represent the local teleshopping industry and its membership has expanded to now include a variety of companies providing specific services to the industry, as well as the core membership of de facto teleshopping businesses. The Association meets on an ad-hoc basis, whenever there is a need to discuss and take collective actions on issues relating specifically to the UK industry.
ERA UK also represents the interests of the teleshopping industry through its permanent seat on the BCAP committee – the body that formulates the rules governing broadcast advertising in the UK.
ERA GLOBAL APAC Chapter
ERA GLOBAL APAC Chapter's scope is to promote and protect the interests of the Multi-Channel Home Shopping Industry and its customers in the APAC region.
The APAC Chapter is a forum
- to exchange information and network
- to expand and promote self-regulation
- to organize specific educational sessions
- to represent the industry with the official authorities
- to attract more members (product suppliers and technology partners) from the APAC region to expand our network
 According to its statutes, the association’s registered name is the Electronic Retailing Association Europe / ERA Europe. It is the understanding of the association to represent the global multi-channel home shopping industry. By a board decision, ERA Europe will therefore brand its communication and activities, as far as legally permissible, as ERA GLOBAL and will initiate the necessary steps to change the registered name accordingly, if so required.